Alabama Council of Hospital Trustees (ACHT)
Being a hospital trustee isn’t the easiest job, but it can be very rewarding, especially if you feel that you are truly making a difference in the health care in your community. To do this, you need to have the right tools.
The Alabama Council of Hospital Trustees (ACHT) was established with this in mind. It is an organization designed to support you in your role as a hospital trustee through educational programs, publications and networking.
The organization is an affiliate of the Alabama Hospital Association, the state’s only trade organization for hospitals, and is comprised of trustees from facilities all across Alabama.
Benefits of Membership
- Great education – Annual Leadership Forum (Joint meeting with hospital trustees, along with CEOs and physicians.)
- Monthly newsletter – Governance Line highlights the latest news in health care, along with specific information of interest to trustees.
- Access to trustee lending library – Videotapes, books and information guides are available.
- Certification – This is now included in the flat membership fee for all trustees interested in participating. It’s a great way to ensure your trustees are meeting basic requirements of board participation and to demonstrate to your community that your trustees are informed and adhering to their fiduciary responsibilities.
- Networking opportunities with other trustees.
- Chance to participate in advocacy – Trustees are given timely information on health care legislative and regulatory proposals.
The cost to join is $400 per hospital, regardless of the number of trustees who join.
Trustee Certification Program
The Alabama Hospital Trustee Certification Program was developed to help hospitals ensure their governing board members are meeting basic criteria in terms of knowledge and participation. It is strictly a voluntary program and is administered jointly by the participating hospital and the Alabama Hospital Association.